Books to read on Palestine and Free Download Guide
Over the past few weeks, the violence and terrorism that has been erupting in Palestine has not only been heartbreaking but emotionally shattering as well.
From the attacks on Masjid al Aqsa during the holiest month in the Islamic Calendar: Ramadan, to the forced and violent dispossession of homes/land for the residents of Sheikh Jarrah, and now the blood curdling attacks on Gaza is too much to stomach…
While there is so much misinformation, propaganda from a Zionist Govt, and silence from many influential leaders, there is tons that you and I can do for Palestine.
One of the best tools that we can use to assist our sisters and brothers in Palestine is to use our voices to amplify the call to end of apartheid in the state. Furthermore, we must educate ourselves regarding the history of how the West puts it as a “conflict” and realize the far fetching consequences in terms of loss of life, land, resources, and stability that this 73 year long settler colonialism has caused.
Therefore, I’ve made a list of books you can read about Palestine, the history, and download for free as ebooks as many publishers have been gracious enough to do.
Let’s start with ebooks you can download for free:
Saqi Books has placed more than 10 titles available to download for free, click this link: https://saqibooks.com/page/1/?post_type=product&s=palestine to see all the titles that are available for free and about Palestine. Or click this link where I have put the filter on “Lowest to highest” for all non-fiction and fiction books:
You can download Palestine: A Socialist Introduction from here: https://www.haymarketbooks.org/books/1558-palestine-a-socialist-introduction
A collection of short essays edited by Sumaya Awad and Brian Bean. Haymarket books also held a live meeting with some amazing Palestinian activists and writers, watch below to understand in their own words the current struggle for freedom:
Verso books has put the book: An Army like no Other: How Israel Defense Force Made a Nation by Haim Bresheet- Zabner available to download as an ebook for free, click this link:
I personally just finished Israeli Apartheid by Ben White which I read after downloading the ebook for free from Pluto Press however now it isn’t available for free but at a cost of £7.99.
To be honest, I was emotionally and mentally finished after completing the book even though it wasn’t long. The facts, numbers, history of the Zionist organization, the ordinances and military occupation realities shook me to my core, and the fact that innocent Palestinian face this every day is not only barbaric but inhumane.
Please read this book and educate yourself. Click the link:
Now here is a list of Fiction and Non Fiction books to read:
- The Ethnic Cleansing of Palestine Ilan Pappe
- On Palestine by Noam Chomsky and Illan Pappe
- Gaza in Crisis by Noam Chomsky and Illan Pappe
- Men in the Sun by Ghassan Kanafani
- Return to Haifa by Ghassan Kanafani
- All that’s left to you by Ghassan Kanafani
- Mornings in Jenin by Susan Abulhawa
- Against the Loveless World by Susan Abulhawa
- The Blue between Sky and Water by Susan Abulhawa
- In Search of Fatima by Ghada Karmi
- A Map of Absence Edited by Atef Alshaer
- Legacy of Empire by Gardner Thompson
- Pay no Heed to the Rockets by Marcello Di Cinto
- The Crusades Through Arab Eyes by Amin Malouf.
- Please check out the BDS Movement to understand how you can Boycott, Divest and Sanction Israel and be involved in campaigns academically, culturally and economically. click here
- Adalah is a a great resource and organisation that is working for Palestinian social rights, filing cases in Israeli courts for justice, legal consultation, and present research for Arab minorities in Israel. Click here
Lastly, please do your part and don’t stop sharing content to support the Palestinian cause for freedom is our ethical, moral and social duty.